When a game or program starts, Windows 10 checks for the correct DLL files to function correctly. If a file is missing or damaged, the system will generate an error that the file vcruntime140_1.dll was not found or missing.
The culprit of this error is when the user could uninstall Visual C ++ 2015, which contains the necessary vcruntime140_1.dll library for the correct operation of games and applications. Also, it can damage this file by a virus or abrupt disconnection of the PC from the network during the execution of the file. Even if you have installed the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019 (x64) package below version 14.26.28720, the error will appear since there is no 64-bit file in older versions.
This guide will explain what to do and how to fix an error in Windows 10 when code execution cannot continue because the system did not find VCRUNTIME140_1.DLL.
System Not Found vcruntime140_1.dll In Windows 10 – How To Fix?
Fix Visual C ++
Since the file belongs to Visual C ++ 2015 and the program worked fine before, then most likely you have it installed, and you need to fix it. For this:
- Press Win + i and select Applications > Applications & Features .
- Find Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019 on the right in the list and select one click.
- Click on the ” Change ” button, then ” Fix. “
- You must have two versions of Visual C ++ 2015 (X64 and X86). Both must be fixed.
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
Important: If it does not help, remove the existing Visual C ++ 2015 and X64 and X86 and proceed with the method below.
Download vcruntime140_1.dll for Windows 10
If you do not have Visual C ++ 2015 installed, then the program or game that requires the vcruntime140_1.dll file will give an error that the file was not found. Microsoft made one large library package by combining them and called it Visual C ++ 2015, 2017, and 2019, but the file cruntime140_1.dll itself is in Visual C ++ 2015. Therefore, I recommend installing a large package so that other errors do not appear in the future.
- Uninstall Visual C ++ 2015, 2017 and 2019 x86 and x64 if installed.
- Go to Microsoft and download Visual C ++ 2015, 2017, and 2019 in two bits (x86 and x64).
- If you have Windows 10 64-bit system, you need to install Visual C ++ and X86 and X64. If the system is 32 bit, then X86 is enough.
If during the installation of Visual C ++ 2015, 2017, and 2019, the system cannot detect vcruntime140_1.dll, then remove these packages back and download Visual C ++ 2015.
- Go to Microsoft site to install Visual C ++ 2015
- Do not forget to install two-bit depths (x86 and x64)
The above methods were supposed to solve the problem of executing the code with the vcruntime140_1.dll file in Windows 10, but if there is a virus in the system, it must be eliminated. Use scanners like Zemana or DrWeb. Alternatively, you can run the built-in defender in stand-alone mode.
If viruses have been found, then there is a high probability that the system files may be damaged since the antivirus removes the files in which the virus is. Let’s restore the system files. To do this, run a command prompt as administrator and enter two commands half the queue:
- sfc /scannow
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Where to throw VCRUNTIME140_1.dll?
There are times when the Internet is not always available, and it is impossible to download Visual C ++ 2015. I do not recommend downloading the file separately from third-party sites, as it may be a virus. You can take it on a second computer or laptop, go to a neighbor with a USB flash drive and take this file from him.
The vcruntime140_1.dll file is located along the path:
- C: \ Windows \ System32
- It can also be in the root of the game folder, program, or in the same place, in the bin folder.