We cannot deny that when the error appears “Application access to graphics hardware is blocked”It can be too annoying, it is a mistake which we have to find a solution. In this article you will find several possible solutions to stop dealing with this annoying problem.
How to Fix “Graphics Hardware Application Access Blocked” Error
Run the application with administrator rights
Possibly the best way to avoid this problem is to run the application with administrator rights. When we do this, the app will have access to various functions, including graphics hardware.
To be able to run the app in question with administrator rights. Simply, we will right-click on the app and select “Run as administrator”, a pop-up message should appear that we will have to confirm and that’s it.
Customize graphics performance options for your application
In case the problem affects a game or application, it may be useful to set the graphics performance preferences. These configurations will allow us improve app performance.
- The first thing we will do is press Windows + i to access Windows Settings. Next, we will have to go to System> Display> Graphics Settings.
- Now we are going to search for the application by clicking on the Browse button in the option Choose an application to set preferences.
- We select the application and then we choose “Add”. We will have to follow the instructions on the screen to finish the process.
Set the compatibility mode of the app
This issue can also occur when the app has an incorrect compatibility mode setting. Let’s first see how to configure the compatibility mode settings.
- We will click on Windows and we will write the name of the program.
- Next, we will right-click on the program and select “Open destination folder”.
- After this we look for the executable file (exe) of the app and we right-click it, a menu opens with several options and we will look for the one that says “Properties” right at the end.
- We will look for the Compatibility tab.
- We check the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
- We click on the drop-down menu that is under the stated option and select the option that best suits us. Then we click Apply> OK.
In case the problem persists then we will have to run the compatibility troubleshooter.
- We go back to the Compatibility tab as we mentioned in the previous steps.
- Next, we will click on the “Run the compatibility troubleshooter” button.
- We select “Program troubleshooter” in the next window.
- We will have to mark the corresponding boxes according to the problem that we must solve and when we finish we will give it next.
Now we are simply going to have to follow the instructions on the screen.