In a game like Counter Strike: Global, if he microphone not working, we are in problems. Communication with other players becomes key to be able to win each game. Not being able to talk to other players can be a deal breaker for many. It is precisely because of this that if our microphone does not work in CS: GO we have to find a solution one way or another. But don’t worry, in this article we are going to see all the possible solutions that we can apply and with luck, some will work for you without problems.
Microphone does not work in Counter Strike: Global, how to fix it?
Verify that the microphone works
Obviously, the first thing we will have to do is check that we do not have any kind of physical problem with the microphone. In this sense, we recommend using recording software (Windows has one included) to see if it works, we also recommend testing the microphone on another device to clear up any kind of doubt.
Disable Xbox Game Bar and the Capture option
If the microphone is not working in Counter Strike, it may be due to overlays. It is known that overlays can affect games multiple times. Something that we should not leave out is the possibility that the Xbox game bar is a problem, since it is an overlay, so we will proceed to deactivate it.
- We go to Windows Settings by pressing the physical keys of our keyboard Windows + i.
- In the left sidebar, we will choose Games.
- We select the Xbox Game Bar option.
- We proceed to Open the game bar.
- We are going to move the slider to disable Xbox Game Bar.
- We return to the Games window.
- We select Captures.
- We will look for Record what happens and capture audio when recording a game, we will have to disable this.
Set microphone as default device
On many occasions the problem originates from an incorrect input device configuration, as such, the system cannot “hear” anything from the microphone that we have connected. So the first thing we’ll try is checking the input configuration.
- For this we are going to press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- In this window we are going to write Control Panel and proceed to press Enter.
- Once we are in the Control Panel window, we will change the view of the icons to large, from the upper right corner.
- Now we are going to have to click on the Sound option.
- Here we go to the Recording tab.
- We will have to find the input device that we connected to the PC and right click on it.
- We will choose Set as default device.
- We finish by clicking Apply > OK.
Verify game file integrity from Steam
From time to time the integrity of the files can be compromised and that is when various problems start. From not being able to start the game, going through doing it with several errors, even the fact of being able to activate it, but that some things don’t work.
From Steam itself we can solve this by right clicking on the game and choosing Properties. Then we go to Local files and click on Verify integrity of game files.
Modify settings in CS: GO
Another possibility is that the microphone function is not enabled in Counter Strike, so we are going to solve it in the following way:
- We start the game as we normally would.
- Now we are going to click on the gear-shaped icon that is located in the left panel.
- In this section, we are going to go to the Audio tab.
- We will look for Enable Speech and select the dropdown menu how we want it to work.
- We go to Keyboard / mouse and look for the option that says Use microphone.
- We will need to make sure that this feature is enabled. We must do this because, for unknown reasons, sometimes the assigned key can be deleted automatically.
- For the changes to take effect, we’re going to have to restart CS:GO.
Verify that the game has access to the microphone
Another inconvenience occurs when the game does not have access to our microphone.
- We press the Windows key + i to open the settings menu.
- We go to Privacy and security that is in the left sidebar.
- Next, we click on Microphone and on Application permissions.
- We are going to choose Allow applications to access our microphone.
- Finally, we are going to have to find Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in the list, we will check if the microphone is in use or when was the last time it was used.
Update audio drivers
Updating Windows drivers in general terms is essential to make sure everything works as it should. If the audio drivers require an update, we will have to do it if we want the microphone to work. If we don’t keep it updated, sometime we will experience problems like cracked sound, poor quality, microphone not working, etc.
Audio drivers can be updated from the manufacturer’s page or from Device Manager, even from Windows Update itself.