- When a printer fails and displays code 0x800706b5, the simplest way to fix it is to delete it in Control Panel and add it back, just like we add any new peripherals.
- Eventually, this procedure may not give the expected result, and you will have to try your luck with other tutorials specially designed for such purposes, until you can use it again
Although of course we want the accessories connected to our PC to always work perfectly, from time to time several of the peripherals may give problems, and among them the printers are in the lead. Many times, these failures are very specific and not general, to the point that there is a code to identify them. let’s see then how to fix one of the most common, the printer error “0x800706b5”.
The drawback is that, when this code appears, our printer will be completely blocked. We will be forced to solve it to recover it, and that means that we have to get down to work.
So, if your printer experienced an unexpected configuration problem error code 0x800706b5, you need to first remove it from Control Panel and then add it back, as a new item. Assuming that doesn’t fix the bug, it’s time to try one of the following solutions.
Solutions for Printer Error 0x800706b5
Run the printer troubleshooter
Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems come with a built-in troubleshooter. These troubleshooters help users by solving some of the common conflicts that a computer can experience. Therefore, when your computer crashes, don’t hesitate to turn to them.
The Printer Specific Troubleshooter is a great tool for troubleshooting problems related to this peripheral. Thus, do not hesitate to run it to see if it can solve the problem.
Update, uninstall and reinstall drivers
The most common cause of printer errors is a driver that is corrupted or outdated over time.. Drivers are the piece of software responsible for establishing a connection between the hardware and the OS.
Drivers that become outdated cannot work properly due to users experiencing various issues with their hardware devices, so get them updated soon.
To actualize, you can use the Windows Optional Update feature or Device Manager. In particular, we are going to show you below what they are the steps in the second case:
- Press Win + X keys and select Device Manager
- Expand the Print Queues section
- Right click on the printer driver, and select Update driver
- Choose the feature Search for drivers automatically
- The printer will search for updated drivers and if found, will automatically download and install them
If that doesn’t work, always You can search for updated drivers for your printer on the manufacturer’s website..
Get rid of print queues
In some case, clearing print queues fixes printer errors. And it only takes a minute.
- Launches the Run command box
- Type services.msc and click OK
- Open the Services, look for the Print Spooler service
- When you have found it, right click on it, and select Stop
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spool, open the Printers folder and delete all internal files
- Open the Services app again, right-click on Print Spooler and click Start
- Now, check if you can print your documents normally
Fix problems with a clean boot
Ultimately, the issue at hand could be caused by a third-party app that is affecting the printer in the background. To identify and then rule out this cause, you have to perform what is known as a clean boot.
Clean Boot is a function of the Windows operating system, which causes it to start running only the services and applications you consider essential, with all others disabled.
Basically, once you run Clean Boot, the next step will be to check if the problem persists. Whenever that does not happen, it means that a third-party application is causing the problem.
Next, you should gradually enable the third-party services and applications that you use on your PC. Probably, at some point one of these will cause the printer to crash, and that will allow you to find out what the conflicting software is, so you can uninstall it, and make sure it doesn’t bother you again.