When we see professional documents everything looks good in a certain way; with a good format and always, visually speaking, it is pleasant to see it. On many occasions, important information, images, themes, etc. are highlighted. Therefore, it would not be a bad idea to learn how to add borders in google docs, ideal to highlight something specific.
Add borders in Google Docs
Create a table
We can create a 1 x 1 table and put our text inside it. The downside to this method is as follows:
- We are going to lose a lot of space along the edge of the page.
- We will have to add a table on each page manually.
- Managing the text, images and tables within a table, it is somewhat complex
In order to insert the border of the table, we will do the following:
- We are going to Insert> Table.
- We select only the top left cell to get a new 1 x 1 table.
- Once it’s added, we click inside the table.
- We press “Enter” until the height of this covers the length of the page.
- Now in the upper right, we can see an icon of a pencil.
- We will use the available tools to be able to modify the border colors.
Use drawing tools
Google Docs does not have an edge tool, but we can find a drawing tool. We can use it to draw lines around a page and create a border.
- For this we will have to open a new Google Docs file.
- Next, we will have to go to Insert> Drawing> New.
- In the window that opens, we will select the shape drawing tool.
- Then insert a rectangle way.
- We will remove the filling.
- Now we are going to change the thickness and color of the line.
- We can change the style of the line if we want.
- We click on “Save”.
- Once the rectangle was added, we can drag it out and fill the page.
Use an image
With this method we can insert a border that is much more striking. This is simple because we will simply have to find an image with borders, we can even search for it on the internet.
- We open a Google Docs document.
- We are going to Insert> Image.
- We upload the image from our computer or a link.
- Once we insert it, we are going to adjust the image to work as a border.
- Send it behind the text from the image options so that we can appreciate the text in question.
And those would be the options that we have to be able to add borders in Google Docs in a simple way.