- As WhatsApp is available all over the planet, we can set the language we want
- Changing the language gives you the opportunity to practice another language or adjust it to the country where you are
- What are the steps to follow to change the language and what to do if you are not satisfied?
In general, we have all configured the mobile in our language regardless of which one comes with the factory default. It usually happens that if the device is imported, which is very likely, it comes in English, Chinese or some other alternative. This means that it will have to be modified or customized. Y Although the most common is that we use the apps in our language, one day you may want to change the language in WhatsApp. But how should you do it?
The first thing to consider is that, like most of the applications that we use on a daily basis, WhatsApp is in English. This is so because it is the most widely spoken language in the world, and the one that most people understand even if they do not speak it well. We may even understand the basics because much of the technology is in English.
Manually change WhatsApp language settings
The great news we have for you, if you eventually want modify whatsapp language settingsis that you can do it by taking advantage of the option that the instant messenger itself offers in this regard:
- Open the WhatsApp application on your mobile, regardless of whether it is iPhone or Android
- Press the three vertical dots located in the upper right corner
- Select Settings, Chats and Language
- Modify the language according to your tastes or current needs
- Come back for the changes to take effect, which should happen immediately
Thus, the language change within WhatsApp should take effect without any delay.
Whenever you are not convinced of the new language in which you have configured the application, you can return to the previous one or establish a third one by following the steps that we just discussed in the previous tutorial.
WhatsApp, standard-bearer of globalization
The application languages supported internally by WhatsApp vary depending on the region you are in. For example, a person residing in Bangladesh will initially only have support for English and Bengali languages in the Language Settings of the WhatsApp application. Coming soon, WhatsApp is expected to increase language/territory support.
Another issue to consider is that there are certain smartphones that have an advantage when it comes to translations. By case, if you own a Google Pixel like the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro or the upcoming Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro, you have a translation featurewhich eliminates the need to touch app settings.
So users who don’t have a Pixel are likely to benefit a lot more from this little trick, a must for people who want to improve their professional skills or just have some fun.