If you let someone use your phone to check your Instagram account, their information may be saved on your device. The next time you go to log into the popular photo-sharing app, you might find yourself logging into their account, instead of yours.
This is not ideal for several reasons. First, open your friend’s account to you or anyone else who uses your phone. Second, it makes logging into your own account more complicated.
Accounts can be removed from the Instagram app so they don’t appear when you try to log in. If you have someone else’s account remembered in your app, here’s how to remove a remembered account on Instagram.
How to delete a remembered Instagram account on Android
Despite being the same app, the method to delete Instagram remembered accounts is a bit different on Android and iPhone. This is because the app works in a slightly different way, depending on the device you are using.
To delete a remembered Instagram account on Android:
- Open the Instagram app and enter the account you want to forget.
- Press the icon Profile.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the icon Menu.
- Select option Setting at the bottom of the menu.
- Scroll down and tap Sign off.
- When asked if you want to remember your login information, clear the check box or tap Not now.
The Instagram session will be closed. When you try to log back in, Instagram won’t remember the account you just deleted.
How to delete a remembered Instagram account on iPhone
If you want to delete a remembered account on your iPhone, the steps are a bit different. These steps should also work for Instagram users on an iPad.
To delete a remembered Instagram account on an iPhone:
- Open Instagram on your iPhone.
- Sign in to the account you want to forget.
- Press the icon Profile In the bottom right.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Select Setting.
- Select Security.
- Select Saved login information.
- Place the switch Saved login information in the position of Off.
- Press Remove to confirm your decision.
- Go back to the previous screen, scroll to the bottom of the page and press Sign off.
- When asked if you want to remember your login information, select Not now.
At this time the Instagram session will be closed. When you try to log in again, the forgotten account will not be available.
Knowing how to delete a remembered account on Instagram ensures that you only get into your own account. It will also allow you to delete someone else’s save data on your device.