It is normal that from time to time we get tired of a social network or any kind of similar platform. Luckily, we can take a break by deactivating our profile; although some people prefer to go further and remove his bill for foreverin Instagram this is very easy to achieve.
The only thing we must warn is that, if we decide to delete an Instagram account, it is deleted forever and there is no way to recover anything; so it is something that we should keep in mind when it comes to continuing.
Deactivate an Instagram account
The first thing we need to know is that it is not possible to deactivate an Instagram account through the application, this is something we have to do from a web browser. Therefore, if we want to take a break from the social network, we will have to follow these steps:
- The first thing we will do is log in to the website of Instagram and we will click on the person-shaped icon to access the profile page.
- We will have to choose “Edit profile”, we scroll to the bottom of the page and we will click on “Temporarily disable my account”.
- It will ask us “Why are you disabling your account?” and we will have to select one of the reasons in the drop-down menu.
- It will ask us for the password again and we will choose “Temporarily disable account”.
- From now on, your account is deactivated and will be hidden from everyone (as if it didn’t exist). However, once we log in again, the account will be activated without any problem and everyone will be able to see us again.
Download all my Instagram data
Before proceeding to delete an Instagram account, we recommend downloading all our data. The reason is simple, once the account is deleted, it cannot be recovered in any way. So all the data we had on it will be lost forever unless we download it, it would be the same as making a backup.
- To download all my Instagram data, we are going to have to go to our account profile and choose “Settings” (gear icon).
- Then, we are going to click on the “Privacy and security” tab and we will click on “Request download”.
- Here we are going to enter the email address where we would like to receive a link to our Instagram data, followed by the password.
- Within the next 48 hours, we will receive an email that will have a link to download all of our data.
This may take some time, depending on the amount of data that our account has accumulated.
How to delete an Instagram account permanently
It is only possible to delete an Instagram account through the web browser. Remember that deleting an account is permanent. We start by logging into the web with the account we want to delete.
Next, let’s go to the page of “Delete account” of Instagram. We will have to choose through the drop-down menu the reason why we decided to leave the social network.
Now we are going to have to enter our password and a little further down we will click on “Delete my account permanently”.
In this simple way, the Instagram account will be completely deleted, remember that, once deleted, we will not be able to recover it.