Sometimes it is necessary disable Microsoft Edge pop-up blocker. Obviously, this does not happen all the time, thanks to this function we can avoid windows that ruin our browsing experience, not to mention annoying advertising.
However, some websites need pop-up windows to login, show different options and function optimally. In this guide, we are going to see how to disable the pop-up blocker in Edge for all sites or just specific ones.
Fortunately, Edge has a myriad of options to customize how it works. We can disable it in Windows 11 if we consider it necessary, enable the visual search button, and the best? We can also edit a PDF from the Microsoft browser. Basically, it is a complete browser, with many options and configurations to leave it as it suits us. Excellent customization!
Disable pop-up blocker in Edge
To be able to disable pop-up blocking in Microsoft Edge we will have to use a process that is very similar in all operating systems: Windows, Mac, Linux and Chromebook. Therefore, with the steps that we will discuss a little further down, we can achieve it in any of these systems.
- We open the Microsoft Edge browser.
- We go to the upper right corner of the Edge screen and we will click on the three horizontal points.
- Several options will appear, we will have to navigate and click on Settings.
- On the Settings page, let’s go to the left panel and select Cookies and site permissions.
- Now we are going to go to the right panel and click on Pop-up windows and redirects in the All permissions section.
- Here we will be on the Pop-ups and Redirects page. So we’re going to go all the way to Block (recommended) and use the switch next to this option to disable the feature.
After completing all these steps, the pop-up blocker will be disabled in Edge. However, we do not recommend disabling the feature completely. Instead, there is a way to allow specific websites to open pop-ups by keeping the blocker enabled.
Disable popup blocker for specific websites
The most advisable thing would be to keep the pop-up blocker activated and only deactivate it on specific websites. There is a way to do it directly in Edge settings.
- We open our Microsoft Edge browser.
- We go to the upper right part of the screen and click on the three-point horizontal menu.
- From the list of options that appears, browsers and we will click on Settings.
- On the Settings page, we go to the left sidebar and choose the Cookies and site permissions option.
- Here we will have to go to the right panel and choose Pop-ups and redirects in the All permissions section.
- Just below the Block (recommended) switch, we are going to find two additional options (Block and Allow) with a small button that says Add in front of it. We will use this button to add websites where we want to disable popups.
- We will see that a kind of window appears with the message Add site; we will have to use the text box to add the URL of the site in question.
After this, the blocker of windows or pop-up elements will be deactivated on the website that we specify, but it will continue to work on the rest of the websites that we visit.