- msvcp140.dll is part of the Visual C ++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015
- From time to time, we may encounter various errors related to msvcp140.dll, always accompanied by specific messages about the source of the failure
- Generally, we will solve the problems by simply reinstalling the file in question, although some games and applications also require pasting it into their own directories
From time to time, our computer may show us error codes that we have no idea about. Then you have to turn to the Internet to find information and get rid of them. In this case, we teach you what they are and how to fix the errors related to msvcp140.dll. If necessary, also how to reinstall this package on your computer, thanks to the download links provided by Microsoft.
The first thing we have to clarify in this regard is that these errors related to msvcp140.dll can appear due to different circumstances, such as a defective application on the system, or that msvcp140.dll has been mistakenly eliminated from the computer. Also, due to errors in the Windows registry.
msvcp140.dll is part of the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015, important detail that you should take into account if you ever want to recover it and do not have this item at hand.
If we focus on the most common msvcp140.dll-related errors, we can basically distinguish them by the messages that accompany them, so we are going to list them below, so you have no doubts:
- Error loading msvcp140.dll. The specified module could not be found
- There was a problem starting msvcp140.dll. The specified module could not be found
- The program cannot start because msvcp140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
- Code execution cannot continue because msvcp140 was not found. Reinstalling the program can fix this problem
- msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Please try to install the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for assistance
As is clear, because it is the system’s own suggestion, in most cases it is directly recommended correctly reinstall the msvcp140.dll file in the Windows system directory.
Also, some programs, especially many of the PC games require that the DLL file be placed in the installation directory of the game or application itself.
Additional information about msvcp140.dll
As we mentioned before, msvcp140.dll is part of the “Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015” and is usually required to run programs developed with Visual C ++.
Since those games or applications require the file in the installation directory, copying it from the Windows system directory should fix the problem. You have to take into account, yes, always copy the 32-bit dll file for 32-bit software and the 64-bit dll file for 64-bit software.
If for some reason the repositioning of the field doesn’t work, you may need to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C ++ redistributable package, which can be found on Microsoft’s support page. here.
Once you are there you have to download, extract and paste the 32 or 64 bit files in the corresponding system section, which can be C: / Windows / System32 or C: / Windows / SysWOW64.