On many occasions we can lend our mobile device, but the fact of lending it does not mean that they have to know the apps we use. Fortunately, Android allows us to hide the applications that we have installed.
Why should I hide apps? It may be that we have images, personal or confidential documents that we do not want others to see. Banking apps can be compromised if anyone has access to them. We can even have applications that are not suitable for children if we share it with the smallest of the home.
Therefore, there are several valid reasons why we want to hide the applications that we have on our Android device. Next, we are going to see what are the steps to follow to keep them hidden from third parties.
How to Hide Apps on Samsung Android Phones
- We go to the application drawer of our phone.
- We’ll have to look for the menu of three.
- We will choose Settings and select Hide applications.
- Now we will have to choose the applications that we want to hide.
- To finish, click Done.
From Android OnePlus
- We go to the application drawer.
- We slide the screen to the right.
- We can access the Hidden Space folder.
- In the upper right corner, we will see an icon in the form of +.
- Now we can choose all the apps that we want to hide.
- To finish, click on the check mark.
On LG devices
In the case of LG devices, we can use two different methods. One is for app drawer enabled phones and the other is for app drawer disabled phones.
Hide apps with the app drawer enabled
- We open the application drawer.
- Click on the three dots button in the upper right corner.
- We will choose Hide applications and we will choose the apps that we do not want to be seen.
- We hit Apply and that’s it.
With the app drawer disabled
- On the home screen, we will press and hold on a blank space.
- We will choose Home Screen Settings.
- Now we will press Hide applications and select the apps that we want to hide.
- When we finish, we will click on Apply.
On all other Android devices, it should work similarly. Obviously, depending on the device and model, the options may vary.