A spreadsheet can contain more than just numbers and text. For example, you can create a chart to show your data visually. Another way to improve the visual impact of your Google Sheets spreadsheet is to insert an image.
One of the advantages of Google Sheets over Microsoft Excel is that it allows you to insert an image directly into a cell. Spreadsheets will resize the image to fit the cell, regardless of where you place it. You can also move an existing image to a cell or add one on top of multiple cells.
If you want to know how to insert an image into a cell in Google Sheets, This is what you have to do.
How to insert an image into a cell in Google Sheets
You can insert any image into any cell in Google Sheets in just a few steps.
To insert an image into a cell in Google Sheets
- Open your sheet and select an empty cell.
- Click on Insert in the menu and then hover over the submenu Image.
- Please select Image in cell in the drop-down menu.
- Locate and select the image you want to use and click Insert. You can upload one from your device, use your camera, enter a URL, grab one from Google Photos or Drive, or do an image search on Google.
You will see that the image appears inside the cell, with the appropriate size. If you make the cell bigger or smaller, the image will be adjusted automatically.
How to move an image within a cell in Google Sheets
Images in Google Sheets can appear inside or outside of a cell. If you already have an image on your sheet that you want to move to a cell, Google Sheets offers you the possibility to do so.
To move an image to a cell in Google Sheets
- Select the cell to which you want to move the image.
- Then select the image and click on the icon three points in the upper right.
- From the menu choose Put image in selected cell.
The image will then move to the cell you have selected. Google Sheets will resize the image to fit the dimensions of the cell.
How to insert an image over cells in Google Sheets (Google Sheets)
If you decide you prefer to place an image on top of multiple cells rather than within a single cell, you can.
To insert an image over cells in Google Sheets:
- Click on Insert in the menu and move the cursor to the menu Image.
- Please select Image over cells in the drop-down menu.
- Locate and select the image you want to use, and then click Insert.
When the image appears on your sheet, it will appear in its original size and will not be attached to any cells. You can select and move the image or drag it from a corner or edge to resize it.
This gives you the freedom to place the image wherever you want on your sheet.
Work with images in Google Sheets
Google Sheets makes it easy to insert images into your spreadsheet. Whether you insert one into a cell or decide to place it on top, you have options: follow the steps above to get the job done.