Unfortunately, T-Mobile has joined the ranks of companies that decide to sell usage data for apps and web browsers. The idea is that advertisers can target their ads more accurately and reach potential customers. The problem is that to achieve this, the user’s private data is used, which does not make us feel comfortable with the situation. That’s why we must prevent T-Mobile from sharing our data.
Luckily, the way to achieve it is too simple and fast. Even though it’s something we shouldn’t have to do. Our data, by default, should belong privately and without being shared with absolutely anyone.
Prevent T-Mobile from sharing our data from the app
- The first thing will be to open the T-Mobile application from our Android device.
- Next, we are going to click on the More tab that is located in the lower right corner.
- Now we will have to go to Advertising and analysis. Here we recommend not to participate separately for each number listed in our account.
- Here we will have to deactivate the option Use my data for analysis and reports.
- Now we’re going to have to turn off: Use my data to make ads more relevant to me.
Stop T-Mobile from sharing my data on the web
In the case of wanting to do it from the web, the steps are relatively similar.
- We enter the T-Mobile website and log in with our account.
- Now we are going to click on our name or profile, it is in the upper right corner.
- Next, we will click on Privacy and notifications.
- Here we click on Advertising and analysis. We recommend doing this on every number we have on file.
- We’re turning off: Use my data for analytics and reporting and Use my data to make ads more relevant to me.
All customers are affected by this new policy. Sprint customers should call customer service through their Contact Us form or send an email to email@example.com. Metro by t-Mobile customers can follow the steps discussed above from the account profile. The only people who can’t disable these options for now are those who access the T-Mobile network through a Google Fi plan.