Luckily it’s not too complicated configure Office and Outlook applications in Android. Both have become very popular among users of mobile devices with the Google operating system, and it is not for less! Both applications are incredibly useful, full of interesting features that will make our day-to-day work easier.
Set up Office and Outlook apps on Android for the first time
Configuring the Oultook app
Obviously, we have to start by installing the Outlook app for Android from the Play Store by following this linkonce it finishes downloading and installing, we proceed to open it like any other app.
Outlook will automatically detect the Google accounts that we have on our device. To add them to Outlook we will have to click on Google Connect Account and then Accept to confirm. Obviously, we will have to accept the permissions you request so that you can add to our contacts.
We will select the email accounts we want to add and press Add account. At this point you may be prompted to log in; if this is the case, we will need to add our credentials.
Next, we tap Allow to confirm offline access and any other prompts. It is possible to add more Outlook accounts if we press Continue; On the other hand, if we do not want to add any other ditch, we will have to press Skip.
use another account
In case we already have Outlook configured or we simply do not want to use our Google account, we will have to follow these steps:
- We open the Menu by pressing on the three horizontal lines.
- We look for the gear icon to go to Settings.
- Next, click on Add account.
- Here we will have to add the email address of the account we want to add.
- We complete the necessary data to be able to log in and click Next.
For security reasons, Microsoft will ask us for 2FA authentication. So we’re going to have to complete it if we want to continue.
Set up Office apps on Android
There are two ways to have the Office applications on our device. We can install the official Office application that comes with Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a single app. The Office application also comes with new and interesting features that allow us to do practically everything we want without having to resort to other apps, totally focused on mobile devices.
We also have the ability to install Office applications individually. This means that, if we only want to have Word, we can only install this app. All we have to do is sign in with a Microsoft 365 free, work or school account. Depending on the level of our subscription, we may have access to extra features.
- We open any Office application such as Excel, Word or PowerPoint.
- We log in with our Microsoft 365 account. Since it is connected through the cloud, we can access all the files that are in the same account from different devices.
Add another account to Office apps
Adding another account to the Office applications is extremely easy. We will be able to see this option once we have already installed and configured the applications with Office email.
To add another account we will have to follow these steps:
- We press Open and then we go to Add a place. This is an option that allows us to connect to cloud storage.
- If we are using OneNote, we press Settings and then Accounts.
- Now we will have to choose the cloud storage service that we want to add such as OneDrive or Dropbox.
- To finish, we will have to enter the email and password that we use to log in to the service we have chosen.
How to set up Office 365 mail on my Android
We will have to go to the Settings of our device, we can slide twice from the top down and press the gear icon. Next, we go to Accounts (in some versions of Android it is, Users and accounts > Accounts).
Now we click on Add account and then on Exchange, now we simply log in with the Microsoft Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync account.