The WP Reset plugin is designed to quickly reset site settings to standard for a WordPress website. This removes all pages and user data without affecting the core of the site. Due to this feature, the plugin is widely used by theme and plugin developers to verify the correctness of their work.
One of the benefits of WP Reset is speed. To start the process of quickly reset site settings, it is enough to make a few clicks and wait from 2 to 10 seconds, depending on the amount of data.
Quickly Reset Site Settings: WP Reset Full Review
The information below refers to a standard reset, if you wish, you can choose which data should be deleted.
Are subject to removal:
- Pages, posts, comments, and user information;
- Standard and user databases.
- All media files are no longer used on the site, but are not completely deleted;
- Downloaded themes, plugins and other files;
- Key settings, such as the name, address and language of the site, as well as settings for displaying it in search queries.
Procedure for resetting:
- Additional confirmation of the operation. It is impossible to cancel after that ;
- Rollback of the system to the state defined when configuring the plug-in;
- Recovery of key site parameters;
- Automatically log into the last used account and open the admin panel;
- Restarting the WP Reset plugin if the corresponding function has been activated.
WP-CLI is a plugin that allows you to manage your WordPress system using the command line, bypassing the graphical interface. For experienced developers, this feature allows for more detailed configuration, while significantly accelerating the work. The wp help reset command opens a list of all available commands. As with the graphical user interface, resetting is not possible.
The Database Snapshot tool was created to test the operation of plugins and their compatibility with non-standard data, as well as to obtain information about the changes they make to the site databases. With its help it is possible to create a copy of all databases, including both standard and user ones. In some cases, such copies can be used as backup for data recovery, but this is far from the most reliable and convenient method. Database Snapshot allows developers to constantly make changes to the site and check how it appears in the database, and then, if necessary, restore the saved settings. Creating a copy on average takes about two seconds, which greatly speeds up the testing of the developed elements.
Configure Data Deletion Options
When working with WP Reset, it is possible to choose which settings and data should be reset to standard. This is done using additional tools built into the plugin:
- Delete temporary files. All temporary files, including those used, are deleted from the database;
- Delete downloaded files. This refers to all files in the /uploads/folder, including media files;
- Removing installed plugins. This action does not affect WP Reset;
- Resetting themes using the API. Includes even inactive topics at the time of reset;
- Removing all themes except the standard WordPress theme;
- Deletion of all user data;
- Delete the .htaccess file. This file is responsible for access to the site and its sections.
Quickly Reset Site Settings: WP Reset Features Under Development
Currently implemented functionality of the WP Reset plugin is enough for its effective application, however, developers are constantly working to improve existing tools and create new ones. Some of the developed tools should simplify the creation and editing of sites based on WordPress CMS many times.
You can also read: 10 Free MUST-HAVE WordPress Plugins for Site Owners
Work with Multisites
The compatibility of the WP Reset plugin with the WP-MU multisite system is under development and testing. In this regard, developers do not recommend using WP Reset to quickly reset site settings, but the plugin works correctly with sub-sites. Over time, the multi-site compatibility issue will be resolved.
This function allows you to reset absolutely all settings and delete all data, including media files, plugins, themes, and databases, leaving a completely clean version of WordPress. This can be useful to quickly reset site settings.
WordPress Version Change
The ability to install an update under development or roll back the system to an obsolete version, and then quickly return the current one, opens up many opportunities for developers working with WordPress.
A collection of Themes and Plugins
This function will allow you to collect all the necessary plugins and themes in one place so that after resetting or creating a new site, you can quickly install them and start setting up. This will save a lot of time configuring and debugging the site.
The WP Reset plugin is an extremely useful tool for creating, configuring and modifying sites based on the WordPress CMS. It allows you to reset all parameters to default values in a few clicks, which is necessary when installing and testing various additional elements of the site.
You can find the complete documentation here- Documentation and Guides