- Microsoft is doing some interesting work improving Bing’s search engine with AI
- But some users are upset that the company is adding Bing to every feature.
- What are the steps to follow to remove Bing Search from Windows 10/11 and not bother?
If you don’t feel too comfortable with their presence, always can you remove Bing Search from Windows 10/11. But, what are the steps to follow to get rid of this element and in which cases you should remove it?
These are probably two of the questions you are asking yourself right now, and it is that although Microsoft is doing an interesting job in improving the Bing search engine with Artificial Intelligence functions, some users are upset that the company is adding Bing to every feature Windows.
It doesn’t matter if you open the Start menu or Windows Search, Bing will be there to help you… or to hinder you. Precisely, it is in the case of local searches when it makes less sense to resort to this feature.
Bing consumes CPU and RAM resources to offer its services, and on a somewhat limited PC that could mean that the experience is even more restricted. That is why you may want to remove Bing Search in Windows.
How to disable Bing Cloud Search in Windows 10 and 11?
Disabling Bing Cloud Search in Windows 11 and 10 is a simple procedure, which only takes a few seconds.
- Open Windows Search and click on the 3-dot menu next to the Bing icon
- Go to Search Settings and then Cloud Content Search
- Once done, turn off the switches for Microsoft account and Work or school account
As a consequence of this, you will not be able to personalize search results with content available online. The good news is that Bing Search will stop bothering you with that information it gets directly online.
Remove Bing Search from Registry Editor
- Press the Windows key once and search for Registry. Open Registry Editor
- Paste the following path into the Registry address bar:
- Done the above, press the right button in Explorer, New, DWORD value (32 bits)
- Set the name DisableSearchBoxSuggestions
- Click on Value data, change to 1 and confirm with OK
- Finally, restart your PC and for that instance, Bing Search should be gone
Remove Bing Search from Group Policies
- Press the Windows key once and search for Group Policy. Open Group Policies
- Go to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Search
- Double-click Search to open it. Go to Do not allow web search, Do not search the web or show…
- Open the settings one by one and enable them to forget about it
- Finally, restart your PC, and by that instance, Bing Search should be gone from everywhere, including the Start menu, Taskbar, or File Explorer, which is where Bing interferes the most.
You can remove Bing Search from Windows 10/11 in simple steps whenever you want to, for local searches like those to do with Windows. It is something that we recommend if you think that Microsoft still has a lot to improve regarding this integration, or if you think that the original results were unbeatable.
Beyond this, get the idea that Artificial Intelligence will be increasingly present among us. Probably The day will come when you can no longer get rid of Bing with AI nor from Google Bard.
Have you managed to remove Bing Search from Windows 10/11 with these simple tricks that we have just taught you?