- Pip is used to create your own chatbot with Artificial Intelligence thanks to the ChatGPT API
- Assuming you’re just starting out with python, you need to make sure you have it
- What are the steps to follow to download Pip on your PC easily?
If you usually read our articles, you will have seen that recently we have not stopped talking about a very specific topic. In these days in which Artificial Intelligence continues to gain ground, and we have already analyzed the basic issues, Today we ask ourselves what it is and how to install Pip on Windows step by step to be able to use it on your PC.
It’s important because Pip will allow you to create and use your own chatbot with Artificial Intelligence thanks to the ChatGPT API, the most popular tool globally when it comes to fully harnessing AI.
The point is that, if you want to take care of developing your own chatbot, you will need Python and Pip equally. Assuming you’re just starting out with Python, you need to make sure you have Pip installed on your computer. Thanks to it you will be able to download many of the libraries and dependencies on your computer in seconds.
How to install Pip on Windows 10 and Windows 11?
Since Pip is the Python package manager, which allows us to install and manage thousands of Python packages and libraries from the command line, it is essential that you have it to run this language. Connects to the Python Package Index repository, PyPI. in it you can find hundreds of projects and applications.
If you’re planning a project and need some dependencies that aren’t part of the standard Python distribution, Pip can effortlessly add them.so it is an integral part and you should install it.
Check that pip is not installed
If you think you’ve already installed Python, or think you have but aren’t sure, check it out first.
Open the Command Prompt or Windows Terminal, and execute the following command that we are going to indicate. Eventually, if pip is already installed, you will be redirected to it. If not, read on to learn how to install it..
Install Pip on your PC step by step
In case you get error messages like “Command not found” or “Pip is not recognized as an internal or external command, executable program or batch file” on the screen, it is not installed. You will have to take care of installing it on your PC correctlyand the path through which to do it is this.
First, if you install pip on windows, that means you already have pip installed because they go together. Pip is automatically downloaded to these Windows-based computers, so follow this process:
- Download the latest version of Python for Windows
- Double click on the installation file
- Once the installer appears, make sure to enable the “Add Python.exe to PATH” checkbox
- Tap Installation customization and make sure Pio is enabled along with other options
- Click on Next and then on Install and Pip will be automatically installed on your PC
With the command line, the other alternative
You can also manually install Pip on Windows from the command line, using CMD or Terminal:
- Right click on this link and select Save Link As…
- Save it effectively as get-pip.py file in Downloads
- Click on the get-pip.py file and choose Copy as Path
- Open Windows Terminal and run it as follows: by entering python, space, and pasting the path. Immediately press Enter and Pio will be installed on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC
This is how the command written in CMD or Windows Terminal should look like. There is no possibility of failure or error.
In a nutshell, this is how you can download and install Pio on Windows 10 or Windows 11, and the recommendation we can give you is that you always download the official installer from the Python portal to rule out problems. It runs smoothly and is ideal for those who are just getting familiar with this programming language.
On the web you will find a large number of very diverse tutorials that will help you install Python on Ubuntu. If you have any questions, just leave a comment so we can answer you soon.
What else would you like to know about Python? Do you plan to develop your own bots with AI?