forget the access code to our iphone It’s a pretty bad thing, worst of all is that if we enter it six times incorrectly, the device is blocked. Although it is not what should concern us the most, what would really be serious is not having a backup of our data.
Why? The reason is simple, when you forgot the passcode of an iPhone, the only way to regain access to the device is to factory reset the phone. Without a backup, we will lose everything in the phone.
Reset iPhone via iCloud after forgetting passcode
When we forget the iPhone passcode, we have some alternatives to solve it. One of these is by resetting the device from iCloud. If we have enabled Find my iPhone before forgetting the password, we can use this method. It allows us to remotely restart our computer, even without our mobile device. The only thing we have to make sure is that the iPhone has mobile data or Wi-Fi activated.
- We log in iCloud with our Apple ID and choose Find My iPhone from the home page.
- Next, we click on our iPhone from the My devices section.
- We will choose erase iPhone next to Lost Mode.
If our device has internet access, the procedure will erase all the content of the device and leave it as if we had just purchased it. So we will have to log in to it again and configure everything from scratch. But we will regain access to it.
Reset iPhone from recovery mode
This method will send us to the recovery mode screen, then we will have to connect it to a Mac and follow some instructions. We’re going to have to perform a button combination for this to work. In the case of iPhone 8 and newer devices, the button combination consists of pressing the volume up and down button and then the power button, sequentially. It is possible to consult the combination of buttons according to the device model from the official Web.
- We open the iTunes application on our Mac.
- We turn off our iPhone.
- With the phone turned off, we will press the key combination to enter recovery mode.
- We will have to wait for the recovery screen to appear indicating that we will have to connect iPhone to a Mac to the computer.
- We locate our iPhone on the iTunes screen and choose Restore.
- We follow the instructions on the screen and configure the mobile.
Restore iPhone after reset
In case we have a backup in iCloud, after restarting it we can restore this backup.
- The first thing will be to open the Settings app and choose iCloud.
- Now we’re going to have to hit Manage Storage.
- We choose backups.
- In this section, we are going to choose our iPhone and we will see information about our last backup.
If we want to restore the applications that we acquired in iTunes, we will do the following:
- We go to the app store.
- We will choose Today at the bottom of the screen.
- Now we are going to have to log in with the account we use to purchase the apps.
- After logging in we will press Buy.
- We are going to see all the elements that we acquired in a list. Click on the icon, download to install them on the device.
In this way we have managed to deal with the problem of the access code on iPhone, as you can see it is much easier than you imagine.