- The latest versions of the Apple mobile allow you to activate the dark mode through a simple procedure, which in practice consists of tapping on the back of the device
- For this to be possible, some pertinent settings must be made, which enable this useful feature, especially if you tend to move between low and high light environments.
Nowadays, there is practically no device, program or application that does not allow you to enable dark mode. Basically, this is because activating it protects the user’s eyes, and even saves battery power, etc. Many users do not know it, but it is possible to activate the dark mode by simply pressing the back of the iPhoneso if you have an iPhone 8 or later, we’ll show you how to do it step by step.
Of course, this trick makes sense for some people in particular, which are those who tend to move between low and high light environments, considering that Back Tap, as the function is called, is intended to save them time in going from one mode to another, and that is justified only when you have to take advantage of the system several times each day. If you feel identified with that situation, you just have to keep reading this article.
Activate dark mode from the back of the iPhone step by step
Create the shortcut first
To toggle between dark and light mode, first of all we will need to use a shortcut or shortcut from Apple. This is an automated way of performing a task on the iPhone, and when we activate one of the shortcuts we manage to launch actions that would otherwise require digging deeper into the smartphone settings.
Specific, this shortcut will allow us to automatically switch between light and dark appearancesreplacing the Dark Mode button that is available in the Control Center of the latest iOS.
- Launch Shortcuts on your iPhone, by typing that by swiping down from the center of the screen
- Once in Shortcuts, go to My Shortcuts and display All Shortcuts
- Tap + to add a new shortcut, from the top right corner
- On the New Shortcut page, give it a name, such as Change Appearance. Eventually, you can also modify the icon that distinguishes this action, customize the color, etc.
- Confirm on Add action, tap on Appearance, Set Appearance, Turn, Turn Appearance and Toggle. Thanks to this, every time the shortcut is activated, what your mobile will do is change the appearance of the tone
- To finish, click on Rotate and then on Toggle, to finish this part of the process
That’s all you have to do for now, saving the Change Appearance shortcut.
Configure Back Tap, the second
You already have the first part of the work done, but there is still the second part, which is to configure Back Tap itself. This is true for all similar tutorials related to automating tasks on iPhone, which is very useful.
- Open the Settings section, select Accessibility, and Touch
- Tap Touch in your iPhone’s Settings
- In Touch Settings, tap on Touch Back
- In Back Tap, decide if you want to launch the Toggle Appearance shortcut with two or three taps
- Later, in the options menu, slide to Shortcuts, Change appearance, and check
- In the list of available shortcuts, select the Toggle Appearance
- Just exit Settings to save
From that moment on, you just have to do that double or triple tap on the back of the iPhone, so that the appearance of the contents of the device changes, which will be enough so that you do not have to go to the Control Center. Evidently, this is no longer possible in case you have a case that protects your phone.