- Amazon’s Echo Dot with Clock is one of the most famous voice assistants out there, a twist on the traditional Echo Dot with a handy screen that shows the time
- By default, this gadget displays the time in 12-hour and 24-hour formats, but only one at a time. As users, we have the possibility to establish the format with which we are most comfortable
If it is about smart homes, Alexa represents, together with Google Assistant, the main bet in voice assistants. Those who want to improve home interaction with other smart devices usually look at these two systems. Those who have opted for the first, should know that changing the time format on an Echo Dot with a clock will allow you to customize it, so we’ll show you how to do this in just a few steps.
The thing is, smart speakers are some of the most widely used smart or IoT devices out there, and probably the first one that people have in their home, to control all the others.
Amazon’s Echo Dots are extremely popular for this, and the North American distribution giant has an attractive model, similar to the Echo Dot, which is the Echo Dot with clock, ideal for the bedroom. Obviously, being able to choose the format in which we see the time is essential in our experience with it.
If you own one, you’ll know that the Echo Dot with clock has a handy LED-type display, constantly showing the time in 12-hour and 24-hour formats, but only one at a time. Let’s see how to modify it.
How to set the time format on your Echo Dot with clock?
The Echo Dot with Clock is one of the best Alexa speakers available due to its reasonable price, excellent sound quality for its size, and of course the LED clock on its front.
Whether you prefer a 12-hour or 24-hour clock format, this smart speaker can suit you.
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone
- Go to the Devices section, at the bottom
- Choose Echo and Alexa, at the top of the screen
- Select the Echo Dot with clock in question among the devices
- Tap on the classic ball bearing in the Settings
- Select the LED screen
- Move the switch from the time format to the other format
Of course, you can do and undo this procedure as many times as you deem appropriate.
Once you’ve changed the time format in the Alexa app, your Echo Dot with Clock will change the display LED to the style you prefer. While the screen isn’t as impressive as the one on the Echo Show 15 or Echo Show 5, it’s nice to have the option to quickly see the time instead of asking the voice assistant for it.
In the end, it’s really the little things that can mean the most, even on smart speakers.