If you are a Windows user, then you can connect your Android phone to your Windows PC for a long time. The Your Phone app allows you to connect your phone, receive notifications, and run apps across devices.
In Windows 11, Your Phone has been rebranded as Phone Link and comes with a new interface and some extra features. Once you connect your Android device to Windows 11, you can access your apps, photos, messages, and make calls on your computer from your phone.
If you want to connect your Android phone with Windows 11 using Phone Link, here’s what you’ll need to do.
Prerequisites Mobile Link (Phone Link)
Before you begin, install the Link to Windows application on your Android phone. It is compatible with Android 7.0 and above, but if you have a Samsung phone, it should already be installed.
For this article we use a Samsung A51 with a dedicated Link to Windows button. As you swipe down, the dedicated Link to Windows button is already there. Also, make sure both devices are close and on the same Wi-Fi network.
How to connect your Android phone with Windows 11
Once you’ve installed the Link to Windows app on your device, you’re ready to connect it to your Windows 11 PC.
To connect your Android phone to Windows 11:
- Open the Start menu and type the mobile link.
- Select the most suitable result at the top.
- The application Mobile Link it will start on your desktop.
- Then swipe down on your phone screen and tap the Link to Windows button or open the Link to Windows app.
- On your PC, click the button let’s start of the Phone Link window.
- Next, you’ll be prompted to get the Link to Windows app (if you don’t already have it). Now that we have it, click the I already have the Link to Windows app option.
- Now, it will ask you to pair the devices with a QR code. It also gives you the option to manually pair them, which generates a 9-digit code that you enter when the phone prompts you. For this article, we are going to use the 9-digit code.
- You’ll need to sign in with your Microsoft account during the process. If you have multiple accounts, be sure to sign in with the one you want to use with your phone. If you don’t connect with the same account, your phone won’t pair.
- Next, enter your PC’s 9-digit code into the app Link to Windows of your phone.
- After connecting Windows 11 and your phone, you have to set the app permissions.
- You’re all set after going through the App Permissions section: tap Yes several times to do it.
- click on Done on your phone to complete the process.
In this point, Mobile Link should be set up, and your Android device should be connected to your PC.
You can use the app Mobile Link to access and run apps, photos, messages, and even make calls from your phone. Below is an example of using Android apps from your smartphone on Windows 11 via the app Mobile Link.
Using Android on Windows 11
By following the steps above, you can connect your Android phone with Windows 11 using the Mobile Link app. It’s a cool feature once you get connected, and there are a ton of cool features to use. Using the Mobile Link feature is another reason why you might want to enable Dynamic Lock with your phone, since it’s close by.
On the other hand, iPhone users cannot experience the full productivity capabilities of Mobile Link. This is due to the closed nature of the iOS operating system. You can connect your iPhone to Windows, but the only thing you can do is share web pages. However, it should be noted that you can run android apps on windows 11.