Spotify offers several ways to control your music experience. One of the best is crossfade, which allows you to play tracks one after the other with no pause between them.
Typically, when listening to an entire album, producers include an automatic crossfade between tracks. However, if you have created playlists, you may prefer to have one track skip to another for a gapless playback experience.
This crossfade feature is not enabled by default, but we will show you how to do it in Spotify using the following steps.
How to Crossfade in Spotify Desktop (Desktop)
You can enable the crossfade feature on both your desktop and mobile devices.
To enable crossfade in the Spotify desktop app, follow these steps:
- Launch the Spotify app on your desktop and click the Arrow down next to your account name.
- From the menu, choose Setting.
- Scroll down the menu Setting and click Show advanced configuration.
- Then click the switch next to the crossfade songs in the section of Reproduction to activate the function.
- Now that the Crossfade function is activated, you can adjust the slider to introduce how two tracks cross. You can select any value between 0-12 seconds.
There is no perfect fit for this, as everyone’s tastes vary. You can check different settings for the trial and error approach. If you don’t want to crossfade anymore, tap the switch to turn it off.
How to crossfade in Spotify Mobile (Mobile)
Spotify also allows you to crossfade songs on your phone or tablet.
To crossfade on the mobile version of Spotify, do the following:
- Open the Spotify app on your phone or tablet and tap Setting (gear icon) at the top.
- Swipe down and tap on Reproduction in the Settings menu.
- Click on the crossfade slider and set it between zero seconds and 12 seconds.
Playing music on Spotify
You may not always want gapless playback of tracks, so you can turn it off when you don’t like it. It’s a preferred setting, so you’ll have to experiment with the crossfade settings to get it how you want it.
Of course, there are other options for music playback, like making Spotify louder. You can too change the images of Spotify playlists and transfer them to a new account.