Outlook calendar is extremely useful not only for all its features, but also for the fact that it is perfectly integrated with email, contacts and different functions provided by the company. It is used to save important dates: work meetings, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. But a very interesting feature that has Outlook Its the merge two calendars. Something that can be quite beneficial to us on different occasions.
We are many of us who make Outlook Calender for different things in our daily life, we cannot deny that to remember pending tasks it is simply great, even sharing one with our colleagues is too useful to organize the events of a work group. Therefore, it is one of the best Microsoft Outlook tools and the ability to merge two calendars makes it even better.
Merge two calendars in Outlook
First let’s see in a simple way how we must do to merge two calendars in Outlook, it is really quite simple:
- We open Outlook.
- We click on the Calendar button on the left side.
- We will uncheck the one that does not have events.
- We will click on the View tab, then on Change view and select List.
- Next, we select the calendar that has the events that interest us.
- We choose all the data from the list.
- We are going to select the calendar that we want to merge and then we will click on OK.
- Next, we click on View, then on Change view and we choose Calendar.
But to make it a little clearer, we are going to see the steps that we have to follow in detail a little below.
So, we start by starting Outlook. If we look closely, in the lower left part of the application interface we are going to find a button that says Calendar, which we are going to click on.
Again, on the left, we will see that we have two calendars, we will have to uncheck the one that does not have an event to merge them. We click on the “View” tab, then on “Change view” and we will choose the “List” option. Again on the left, we will choose the calendar, this time it does have events.
We are going to have to click and press the Shift key to select all the data in the list, then we will click on the “Move” button and select “Copy to folder”.
Next, a “Copy Elements” dialog box will open. Now we are going to choose the calendar that we want to merge and click on “OK”.
At this moment, we are going to click on the “View” tab, then we are going to “Change view” and we will choose “Calendar”.
Now we are going to notice that the events are shown in the other calendar. In this simple way we have managed to merge two calendars in Outlook without any kind of problem.
Can calendars be merged automatically?
- We consult the two calendars on the left.
- We click on the “View” tab and then on the Overlay button in the Arrangement group.
- Here we will see that the two calendars are combined.
- We close the Outlook app and open it again.
- We click on Calendar.
In the Calendar interface, we will see that the calendars are still combined. It is something quite simple to achieve, although remember that if you have any kind of doubt, you can leave it in the comment box that you will find a little below.