It’s not that complicated double one phone Android or iPhone with Amazon FireStick. The only drawback is that it will not be necessary to use a third-party application that we can find in the same Amazon store. A little further down we will find a guide for both operating systems.
Mirror iPhone and Android with Amazon Fire Stick
The first thing we will have to do to mirror an Android phone or iPhone with Amazon Fire Stick is to activate the function. Amazon currently has a mirroring option in the “Settings” menu. However, it does not work with mobile devices.
For its part, Amazon wants us to use Prime Video and its exclusive products. We also have Google with its specific products and services; Apple is more of the same. A lot of dilemma for a Miracast standard.
In order to mirror the Android device to our Fire TV Stick or Fire Cube we are going to use a mirroring app like “Airscreen”. This app works on Android devices and iOS/iPhone.
How to activate Android Mirroring on Firestick using AirScreen
- On the home screen we scroll down one row (from the preview section at the top to the menu bar just below it) we will select “Search”.
- We will write “Airscreen” in the search bar and select the app from the results.
- Next, we will click on “Get”.
- Once the download and installation is complete, we start the application and choose “Confirm”.
- A new screen will appear showing us a QR code and a URL. We can use any of the two options on our device to link it.
- Whether we choose to read the QR code or go to the specific URL, we will have to choose between two options “Content in the application” or “Entire screen”.
How to mirror an iOS/iPhone phone with Amazon Fire Stick or Fire Cube
- On our Fire TV Stick, we will search and install.
- We launch “AirScreen” on our Firestick and choose “Confirm” once we have the Firestick and iOS device connected to the same network.
- On our iPhone or iPad, we are going to scan the QR code to make it appear on the TV.
- When asked what to mirror, we can choose between “Entire screen” or “Content in the application”.
- We will have to follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Next, we swipe down from the top of our iPhone and choose “Screen mirroring.”
Thanks to third-party apps like AirScreen, we can mirror the screen of our Fire TV Stick from any device.