Thanks to a Roku player we can play hundreds of movies and episodes on our television. Although obviously if we can’t pair a Roku remote or reset it In case of any problem, we will not be able to enjoy any content. So if you’re having issues or any of these error codes with your controller, we’re going to show you how to quickly fix them.
Two types of Roku remote
There are two types of Roku controllers; On the one hand, we have the standard infrared (IR) remote control, which requires being in direct line of sight with the player, it would be the control of a lifetime. We’ll know it’s IR by the fact that it won’t have a pairing button in the battery compartment.
Then we’ll have the enhanced remotes, the ones that usually come with a headphone jack, microphone, and various features.
How to Pair Roku IR Remote
- The first thing we will have to do is connect our Roku device to the television and to a power outlet.
- Next, we’ll switch the TV to the HDMI input where the Roku device is connected. This is usually done by pressing the “Source” or “Source” button on the TV or TV control.
- We will insert the batteries into the Roku remote.
- Now we will have to press any button on the remote control. When we do it will be automatically paired to your device. Since we’re using an IR, we’ll need to make sure we have a clear line of sight to the Roku device.
Pair Enhanced Roku Remote
- We will have to turn on our television and switch it to the HDMI input of our device. To do this, we are going to press the “Source” or “Source” button on the TV control.
- We’re also going to need to make sure the remote has fresh batteries for it to work without a problem.
- Next, we will position the remote near the Roku device. When we do it, it will pair automatically; something that we will appreciate on the television screen.
- We will have to wait for the pairing process to finish. On the screen we will see a message that says: “Pairing remote control”. After a few moments, we can start using it.
How to reset it
In order to reset an Enhanced Roku Remote, we are first going to need to unplug the Roku player. Next, we will remove the batteries and reconnect the player. When we see the Roku logo on the screen, at this moment we connect the batteries again. We will press the pairing button and wait until the process is finished.
- We disconnected the Roku player from the current theme.
- We removed the batteries from the Roku remote.
- We plug the Roku player back in after 10 seconds.
- When we see the logo on the screen, we replace the batteries of the remote control.
- Next, we hold down the pairing button on the battery compartment. We must do this for about 5 seconds, or until the pairing light begins to flash.
- We wait for Roku to complete the pairing process. This is something that can take up to 30 seconds, most of the time less. When it is finished we will see a confirmation message on our television.
As you can see, it is very easy to pair a Roku remote or even reset it. If you have any questions, leave us a comment below.