- While most home Echo users take advantage of Amazon services in sync with this smart speaker, some miss out on third-party platforms.
- With the exception of YouTube Music, Alexa allows us to play practically any audio content available on the market, and a couple of small settings are enough to enjoy them
As we have mentioned more than once here, despite the fact that there are other voice assistants, the most used by the public are Google Assistant and Alexa, from Amazon, which is included in its Echo devices. Many people tend to believe, by direct association, that only Amazon Music tracks can be played on Amazon smart speakers. But it’s not like that. In fact, you can play multiple music services on your Echo devices, making the most of all your subscriptions.
And it is that smart speakers are quickly becoming the common norm for many homes. People have a wide variety of reasons or motives for adding one to their homes. They range from controlling smart home devices to using them as an intercom to stay informed.
But Perhaps the most common use is as a speaker to play audio. Whether it’s music, podcasts or audiobooks, smart speakers are excellent for listening to audio of all kinds, with a more immersive sensation than the one normally provided by our PC speakers. Especially the higher-end Amazon Echoes.
How to play multiple music services on your Amazon Echo?
As some of the best smart speakers on the market, Amazon Echo devices range from the high-fidelity Amazon Echo Studio to the small but mighty Echo Dot. And with several models among them.
Regardless of the speaker you use, connecting your favorite music services to your Alexa account will make your audio accessible to all Echo devicesso you just have to follow this procedure.
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone
- Tap More at the bottom right of the screen
- Select Settings, scroll down and go to Music & Podcasts
- Select the music, podcast or audiobook service to link, following the instructions
- Normally, you will have to enter your credentials for each available service, or click on Link new service to add others that initially do not appear in the list, with the exception of YouTube Music
As you can see, it is a fairly simple procedure.. It takes just a few minutes, and it will open the doors to hundreds of services of all kinds of audio, to reproduce them comfortably from your speaker.
Audio transmission in all its forms, including those that have to do with musical transmission, has been surpassing itself every year. Over time, more and more people follow their singers and genres directly from the smart speakers at home. It doesn’t look like that’s going to change.
Amazon Echo are compatible with most music subscription systems that we currently have available. But also it is true that we will not be able to synchronize it with our YouTube Music account.
We must say that this is related to the war between Amazon and Google. Both intend that users opt for their platforms. Amazon tries that instead of having YouTube Music contracted, you are an Amazon Music customer and you go on to increase the contribution of its music users.
That is, if you often use YouTube, Music, it is probably best to equip your home with Google smart speakerswhich are all those who carry the smart assistant Google Assistant.