There are not a few Windows users who encounter the printer error 0x00000bbb where the operation was not completed. This is obviously a serious problem, especially if we need to print something right away. This problem appears when Windows is unable to recognize some printers. In this guide we will see how to solve this problem.
Fix printer error 0x00000bbb the operation could not be completed
The reasons why this error occurs can be many. The most common causes have to do with outdated printer drivers, some incompatible configurations, damaged system files, or our PC trying to use the WSD port. Additionally, incorrect printer settings from the Print Settings menu can also cause these problems.
Run the printer troubleshooter
Windows has a very interesting utility that would be the printer troubleshooter. This is the first thing we should try because the operating system takes care of finding the error and executing a solution. Without us having to do much more.
In Windows 11 we are going to have to do the following:
- First, we will press the Windows key + i to open the Windows settings.
- We go to System and click on Troubleshooter.
- We click on the option Another problem solver.
- Here we are going to have to find the Printer Troubleshooter and press Run.
If we have Windows 10 we will have to follow these steps:
- We press Windows + i to access the system configuration.
- Now we go to Update and security> Troubleshoot> Additional troubleshooters.
- We will have to select Printing troubleshooter and then click on Run the troubleshooter.
This utility will start the scanning process which may take a while, when it finds the error it will try to fix it.
Restart print spooler services
Print Spooler is the service that is responsible for managing the print job. If we have any other errors, it would be best to restart this service, which will eliminate all failures. Luckily, getting it is something quite easy to do.
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- We write services.msc in the dialog box and press Enter.
- Now we are going to right click on Print Spooler in the Services section.
- Here we will have to choose Properties and click on Stop.
- We wait about ten seconds and proceed to right-click on Print Spooler and choose Properties.
- We choose Automatic in the Startup type drop-down menu and click Startup.
Update drivers to fix printer error 0x00000bbb
Whenever we have outdated drivers on our computer, it is possible that errors of all kinds appear. We always recommend keeping all drivers updated to the latest version available to avoid problems like this and above all, improve the security of our device.
Reinstall the printer
As a last alternative we can simply reinstall the printer driver from scratch. It’s not like it’s complicated either, especially if you have this tutorial guiding you. The first thing we will have to do is disconnect the printer and then proceed with the uninstallation of the driver.
- To do this we will press Windows + i to access Settings.
- We will click on the Bluetooth and devices option.
- In the Printers and scanners section we will have to select the printer to open its properties.
- We will click on Delete and confirm.
After doing this, we are going to proceed to remove the driver in Windows 11.
- We press the Windows key on our keyboard, type Device Manager in the search bar and press Enter.
- We are going to look for the Printing queues section, we will proceed to expand it and we will right click on the printer that generates problems.
- We will choose Uninstall device.
- We confirm that we want to uninstall the driver.
Then we will have to restart the computer and connect the printer again. Windows will automatically detect the connected hardware and proceed to install the drivers again.