- The WhatsApp status allows users to share with others updates that they consider minimally important about the latest events in their lives, and in a simple way.
- The most recent novelty of the states is the possibility of sharing voice notes there
- What are the steps to share voice notes on WhatsApp status?
Probably the developers of Facebook, which owns both WhatsApp and Instagram, will have thought that if the stories of the second were successful, the status of the first would also be successful. However, time passed without the option conquering the public. Maybe that’s why they decided to announce a novelty – voice notes in the status. Regardless of the controversy that this feature has already sparked and most likely will continue to spark, we teach you how to share voice notes in WhatsApp status step by step.
As you know, like Instagram stories, WhatsApp status allows users to share updates that they consider -minimally- important about the latest events in their lives. We could say that this makes sense on Instagram, where stories coexist with fixed posts. Paradoxically, in WhatsApp there are none and the use of the application is different. That seems to believe Facebook.
That’s why its developers have been running all sorts of tests on the states recently, including the ability to react and the ability to post content for only “Best Friends” to see. Again, taking advantage of things that have turned out on Instagram. But the voice notes is something else. Yes. Until now, no social network invited to share audios with followers. Twitter Spaces tried to no avail.
The voice notes in the states, available for some
After those weeks of testing for a select audience, WhatsApp is finally releasing voice notes. As the days go by, more and more people will be able to share audio recordings with others.
Whenever you find the feature available in the messenger, you will want to find out what are the steps to follow. In addition, those same steps will help you to know if you can actually use the function or if you should wait.
WhatsApp voice notes would give the sensation of have been widely implemented on iOS and Android. While the possibility of sharing one does not appear, try updating WhatsApp to the latest version.
So you can post voice notes in WhatsApp status
If you are already used to sharing other types of files in the WhatsApp status, this will not be difficult for you.
- In the WhatsApp app, navigate to the Status tab and tap on the pencil icon you see on the screen
- Android users will find the feature in the bottom right corner, while iOS users will find it at the top of all status updates, so it depends on your smartphone.
- Once you press to activate the function, you will be able to record the audio just like in a chat conversation, keeping the microphone pressed until you consider that it is enough and proceed to send it. Eventually, you can cancel the recording by sliding the microphone icon to the right
- Once the recording is finished, you will get a preview of it by pressing the play button
- If you are not satisfied with how it turned out, you can click the Delete button to send it to the trash
- To post the voice note to the status, tap the Send button in the bottom right corner of the screen
Remember that the voice note could be heard by anyone following you and have access to your WhatsApp account. Assuming that you do not want it to be that way, and that only a group of people listen to it, we recommend you review the most basic privacy issues of WhatsApp, which we were analyzing for you at the time.
What else to take into account?
whatsapp also offers you a couple of customizations which you can access before posting the status. By touching the color palette icon in the upper right corner, you can modify any of the colors. You will find a private audience selector at the bottom left to choose who will listen to that recording.
Don’t forget that while normal voice messages sent through chat are virtually unlimited, for this new feature WhatsApp has decided that the maximum duration is no more than 30 seconds.
Can you now share voice notes in WhatsApp status? What content do you plan to publish on them?