Obviously Windows 10 is not exempt from containing one or another error from time to time, it is something quite normal in any operating system. Even when it implements a new update, this is something that can happen in any kind of OS and even in applications or games. For this reason, today we are going to see how to find the solution to the error from upgrade from Windows 0x800703ee, we have several options to repair it.
How To Fix Windows Update Error 0x800703ee
It is not at all uncommon for many users to experience different problems when it comes to updating the operating system. Especially after installing such updates; Therefore, if you are dealing with Windows update error 0x800703ee, we are going to give you several solutions to put an end to this problem.
Run the Windows Update troubleshooter
One of the most interesting options is to use the Windows Update troubleshooter, we will have to do the following:
- First we are going to press the Windows + i keys to access Windows Settings.
- Next, we will have to click on “Update and security”.
- Once here, we go to the left sidebar and click on “Troubleshoot.”
- Now, on the right side, we will have to click on additional problem solvers.
- We click on “Windows Update”.
- From this section we will have to select “Run as troubleshooter”.
Once the process is finished, we will have to restart the computer and check if the error has disappeared.
Delete SoftwareDistribuition and the contents of the catroot2 folder
Many users have confirmed that manually clearing the Windows Update cache can help fix many problems that are related to Windows 10 updates.
- We are going to right click on the “Windows” icon, in “Start” and from the drop-down menu we are going to have to choose “Run”.
- Next, we are going to type “cmd” without the quotes and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open command prompt as administrator.
- Once we do, a window will appear where we will have to click “Yes” to continue.
- When the command window opens, we will have to enter the following commands:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- After executing the previous commands, we will have to execute these.
ren% systemroot% System32 Catroot2 Catroot2.old
ren% systemroot% SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Now, we will have to start Windows Update Services, we will do it with these commands.
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
Once we do all this, we will have to restart the computer and verify if the problem is solved.
Check the status of Windows Update Services
What we can do is open the service manager and check the status related to Windows Update. For this we will do the following.
We are going to press Windows + R to open the “Run” window, we will write “Services.msc” without the quotes and press “Enter”. In the Service Manager window, we will have to look for the services that we will see below and we will make sure that their configuration is the one that we will show you.
- Windows Update Service – Manual (activated)
- Windows Update Medical Services – Manual
- Cryptographic services: automatic
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service – Manual
- DCOM Server Process Launcher – Automatic
- RPC Endpoint Mapper – Automatic
- Windows Installer – Manual.
Once we finish checking everything and / or modifying, we close the window and run Windows Update again.