Editing video is tricky, but it gets much more comfortable with a good video editing software. We’ve collected 18 free tools to help you create your video and add an audio track to it.
We found 18 free video editors, which prove by their example that editing a video does not necessarily mean spending a lot of money on buying professional software. In our top are tools for video and audio processing for Windows (7, 8, 10), Mac OS and Linux operating systems.
Most programs have an English interface, but that shouldn’t scare you. Download one of them and start creating your videos.
1. DaVinci Resolve. With the free DaVinci Resolve video editor software, you can edit your videos using the cutting-edge technology that is used in Hollywood.
2. Movavi, 2021. A simple and intuitive Movavi video editor is perfect even for beginners with no experience in video editing. In addition to commonplace operations in Movavi, you can use various filters (there are already more than 160 of them), titles, transitions, stickers from professional designers. All essential functions are available in the free version, to expand the functionality they offer to buy the Plus version.
3. Windows Movie Maker 2012. With a free tool from Microsoft, you can cut, dub, and structure your digital videos. Unfortunately, the developers no longer release updates for the program.
4. Audacity. It is a whole free studio for recording, processing and playing audio files, which is ideal for editing audio-video tracks.
5. mp 3 DirectCut. A freeware program that allows you to apply effects, crop, and cut fragments from music files without loss of quality. With other tools, audio tracks processed in mp3DirectCut can be added to your video clips.
6. Free Video Editor. Free program Free Video Editor allows you to convert video to many popular formats, including AVI, DivX, XviD, MPG, MP4, M4V, and FLV.
7. Free Video to MP3 Converter. With the simple tool Free Video to MP3 Converter, you can extract music from any video and save it in MP3 format.
8. MP3Gain. The program will help to normalize or increase the volume of MP3 files without loss of quality, as well as synchronize the sound in several recordings with one click. Thanks to MP3Gain your video will get a great sound.
9. Magix Music Maker, 2017. With this application, you can create your songs, remixes and rhythms for your videos without any special knowledge.
10. Avidemux (64 Bit). This is the 64-bit version of Avidemux free video editor with tons of features and features.
12. VSDC Free VIDEO Editor. This program has a lot of functions and is an excellent video editor for Windows. It will help you process and crop videos at a professional level, and also offer many additional features for a fee.
13. Lightworks. With the help of this program editor were so cool are mounted numerous Hollywood blockbusters. And now you can download it for free.
14. VirtualDub. This is a 64-bit version of the free VirtualDub program that allows you to record and edit videos. With all its capabilities, this program is suitable even for professional video editing.
15. AutoTune. With this application, you can easily change the pitch of WAV files for your videos.
16. HitFilm Express 2017. Another free video maker that lets you crop, dub and optimize your video.
17. MKVToolnix. Hardly any other collection contains so many codecs. The free MKVToolnix program is the ideal editor for the Matroska format.
As you can see, to create simple videos or even films, you do not need to download “broken” versions of cool editors – you need to use legal and all available services.