This post shows students and new users the steps to update Windows 10 using the Windows 11 installation wizard. With Windows 11 released to the general public, Microsoft has created a full version of Windows 11 ISO, created the Windows 11 ISO media tool. Windows 11 installation and also released an upgrade wizard to help users upgrade to Windows 11.
Microsoft wants as many people to upgrade to Windows 11 as soon as possible, and this is why these tools are being released to help users upgrade. You can use the Windows 11 upgrade wizard to upgrade your current Windows 10 machine to Windows 11.
To update with the Windows 11 wizard, your Windows 10 computer must have a valid license key, it must have Windows 10, version 2004 or higher installed, and meet the Windows 11 requirements.
It will not upgrade to Windows 11 if your computer has Windows 10 that is not activated or without a valid license key.
To start updating Windows 10 with the Windows 11 wizard, follow the steps below.
How to update with the Windows 11 installation wizard
As mentioned above, the Windows 11 installation wizard is used to upgrade a Windows 10 PC to Windows 11. The PC you want to upgrade must have a valid Windows 10 license.
Before you can upgrade, these must be met:
- You have a Windows 10 license.
- Your PC must have Windows 10, version 2004 or higher installed to run the Installation Wizard.
- Your PC meets the Windows 11 device specifications for update requirements and supported features.
- Your PC must have 9 GB of free disk space to download Windows 11.
Once the above is accomplished, use the link below to download the Windows 1 setup wizard.
Save the file to your computer and run it.
- Please select To run. You must be an administrator to run this tool.
- Once the tool confirms that the device hardware is compatible, you will be presented with the license terms. Please select Accept and install.
- Once the tool is ready, click the Restart now to complete the installation on your computer.
- Windows 11 installation may take some time and your PC will restart several times.Make sure not to turn off your PC.
You should do that!
In this tutorial we have seen how to use the Windows 11 setup wizard to upgrade a Windows 10 PC to Windows 11. If you find any errors above or have something to add, use the comment form below.