When you collaborate with others on a Microsoft Word document, you will likely use the change tracking feature. This feature is great for collaborating on a document, as you can see all edits from co-authors. However, when you print your document, you usually don’t want to see all the marks and comments, especially if they are confidential.
There are two easy ways to print the Word document without comments or marks. You can adjust the print settings when you’re ready to print or turn off the marks ahead of time. If you want to print without comments or marks in Word, this is what you have to do.
How to disable markings in print settings
The easiest way to print the document without comments or marks is to go to the print settings.
- Click on File from the menu and select To print.
- In the drop-down box just below Setting, you should see the pages you can print. Click on that arrow to show the settings.
- Go to the bottom of the list and choose Print document with revisions to deselect it. You should see the check mark next to it disappear.
The mark and comment indicators should disappear when you view the print preview on the right. This does not affect their display in the actual document, but they will not appear in the printed document.
How to disable revisions in the document
If you’d rather turn off markup and comments in your document ahead of time, this is another option. This will not remove those items, but will temporarily hide them.
- Go to the tab Revision already section Follow-up of the tape.
- Click the drop-down box at the top of that area, which will probably show All revisions or Simple reviews.
- Select option No review.
At this point, all tracked changes and comments should disappear from the document. You can then go to File> Print if you are ready to print the document.
After printing, you can re-enable markings and comments by heading to the section on Follow-up in the tab Revision. Click that drop-down box again and choose All revisions or Simple reviews, according to your preference.
Print without marks or revisions in Word
Printing without comments or marks in Word allows you to prepare a document ready to print. After all, there is no reason to see all the changes and comments when printing, unless you need to.