Are you not able to play your favorite music again? We’ll help you fix the sound problem in Windows 10 and tell you why.
Sound problems in Windows 10 can occur due to incorrect settings of sound devices, outdated drivers, or banal speaker breakdown. Let’s figure out how to get the sound back and solve all these problems.
Set the correct audio settings!
Sound settings in Windows 10
- Open the Start menu using the button in the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- In the Hardware and Sound category, you will find the Sound item. Here is a list of all available audio devices.
- Right-click on your speaker and activate it. To make the speakers use Windows all the time, click on the “Default” button.
Check your audio drivers!
Updating sound drivers
- Press the Windows and R keys at the same time to open the Run window.
- Enter the command “devmgmt.msc” in the text box and confirm by clicking OK or pressing Enter. Device Manager will start.
- In the category “Sound, game and video devices,” you will find your sound card.
- Click on it with the right mouse button and select the option “Update driver.”
- If that doesn’t work, click Remove Device and then install it again.
Repair or buy a new audio device!
If these tips do not help you get the sound back, then your speaker may be broken. In this case, consider repairing or buying a new device. Check to see if the manufacturer’s warranty has expired and exchange the defective audio device if possible.
If you have problems with your Creative Soundblaster sound card on Windows 10, please try these unofficial drivers.